Website DSI Underground
Come and join our team! DSI Underground Canada, a Sandvik Company, is a leading global supplier of ground support solutions, for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock bolts, resin, cable bolts, and in- house manufacturing capabilities. Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group with approximately 44,000 employees and sales in about 150 countries with a focus on enhancing customer productivity, profitability and sustainability offering solutions for manufacturing, mining, and infrastructure industries.
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for planning and tracking the activities of the Maintenance team for the Sturgeon Falls site.
With this opportunity, DSI Underground offers a compensation package including:
· Competitive wages
· Excellent Benefits Plan
· Employer Contribution Pension Plan
· Work Boot and Prescription Safety Glasses Allowances
· Free Parking
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Carry out duties as defined in this position description and any relevant policies, manuals and work instructions.
· Act as the primary liaison person between maintenance and operations.
· Prioritize work requests and work orders.
· Develop and maintain maintenance schedules for all production machinery and equipment.
· Plan, schedule and coordinate all maintenance activities, both planned and reactive work to reduce mean time between failures and minimize interference with production schedules.
· Develop work plans for maintenance with necessary information to allow efficient scheduling, assigning and execution of maintenance work.
· Maintain existing and new site asset requirements.
· Provide costs estimates for repairs or upkeep on facilities, equipment, and another physical plant.
· Organise all legal compliance related work with contractors and internal employees.
· Ensure there is reactive work (rebuilds, overalls and special requests) available for breakdown.
· With assistance from Maintenance Supervisor lead improvement projects.
· Manage critical and general spare parts and raise requisitions for purchasing when required.
· Maintain Data Sheets for all equipment situated at the Sturgeon Falls Site.
· With the assistance of the Maintenance Supervisor establish and maintain a weekly maintenance scheduling meeting structure to facilitate effective communication and visual management.
· Assist with budget preparation and tracking of expenditures.
· Perform and/or monitor tests, analyze results and make recommendations.
· Perform and/or review research and calculations and analyze technical data.
· Prepare, read and interpret technical drawings
· Highly effective communication skills, able to communicate clearly, and actively listen to others
· Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software
· Organized and skilled in time management
· Proven work experience in Facilities Management, Manufacturing or Maintenance Planning / Scheduling role
· Proven work experience applying maintenance principles, practices, concepts and options, related to maintenance planning, scheduling, coordination and optimization
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in industrial maintenance
· Previous CMMS experience an asset
· Previous Asset Reliability in a manufacturing facility an asset
Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in a technical discipline, or a related field which is beneficial to this position
Plant Engineering Maintenance Association of Canada – Maintenance Management Program (PEMAC MMP) Certification an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DSI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com