Website Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
The Jordan’s Principal Coordinator primary responsibility to act as a focal point for the children and families that we serve. In particular, the Coordinator provides service coordination and planning in cooperation with other agency personnel related to children in care and children not in care of the agency served by Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services.
• University degree or college diploma (two year minimum) in a field related to Human Services, Education or Social Work.
• However, other combinations of skills, education and experience that are relevant may be considered.
• Minimum of one-year direct service experience with children and families.
• Experience working with Indigenous people, organizations, and communities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review all Jordan’s Principal documentation related to the Jordan’s Principle Orders related to service and financial accessibility from an Agency perspective.
• Familiarize self with agency and Jordan’s Principle, service coordination and planning – service workflow processes and make recommendations to modify the process to the Program Supervisor.
• Assist and develop agency Jordan’s Principle (Reporting Templates) with Supervisor for formal submission based on budget and service needs of the agency.
• Work in collaboration with the service teams to identify “unmet needs” and work in collaboration with required team members to lead the completion of Jordan’s Principal applications, respond to documentation requirements, status of approvals and complete appeals.
• Work in collaboration with the service teams and external service providers and First Nations to secure supporting documentation for applications including support letters required by parties.
• Work in collaboration with families served to empower advocacy and assist in navigating the Jordan’s Principal application process.
• Participate in internal or external committees as required or requested.
• Liaise and work effectively with the communities served, service providers, collateral agencies, and organizations & elders
• Apply agency service coordination and workflow process from intake, ongoing case management and discharge in conjunction with agency mandated and non-mandated programs.
• Act as a liaison and provide education and information sessions to agency staff in relation to Jordan’s Principle.
• Familiarize self with all Department of Indigenous Services Canada documentation related to the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal and Jordan’s Principle.
• Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required
• Track and maintain statistical data
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time-to-time exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage, or cedar, may occur within the work setting
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential – Jordan’s Principle Service Coordinator”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation. Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference by website, email, or fax at:
Human Resources – Confidential
JORDAN’S PRINCIPLE SERVICE COORDINATOR: Manitoulin Island
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Fax: (705) 859-2195
KGCFS We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. Miigwetch for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of application date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org