Website Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Finance Clerk is responsible for providing accounting support in the Finance Department
through the processing and completion of accounts payable and receivables. The Finance Clerk is responsible for maintaining the
general ledger and preparing various financial reports. This position will respond to vendor inquiries concerning payment receipts, and
invoice payments and assist in the month-end processing of accounts.
Salary: $53,195.00 to $63,572.00
Total Compensation includes: OMERS Pension Plan, Comprehensive Health Benefits Plan,
15 recognized Statutory Holidays, Competitive Vacation and an Employee Assistance Program.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Review invoices, purchase orders, and accounts payable to verify amounts.
• Prepare cheques and electronic payments for appropriate approval.
• Receive, verify, log, and enter invoices for goods, services, and staff expenses.
• Log, code and enter incoming revenue into the accounting system.
• Receive, verify, log, and enter revenues, accounts receivable, and staff reimbursements.
• Maintain a listing of accounts receivable, vendor files, and general ledger.
Administration and Reporting:
• Maintain an effective filing system.
• Prepare new finance forms as required.
• Ensure confidentiality and safekeeping of all Agency documents and records.
• Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration field
• Two (2) years of experience working in a financial software system.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Knowledge of Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services programs and services
• Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act
• Excellent computer skills and MS Office software
• Must provide a clear Police Records Check – Vulnerable Sector
• Must provide a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence
• Must have $1M auto insurance liability coverage
• Must provide an acceptable three-year uncertified Driver’s Abstract
Work Site Location:
• North Bay
Niijaansinaanik is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with
Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the
recruitment process. Please submit your resume and cover letter along with three work-related references to:
Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services
940A Main Street, Dokis First Nation, ON P0M 2N1
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Preference will be given to applicants of Native ancestry, please self-identify.
We thank all those applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a more detailed job description, please contact
Human Resources at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org