Employment Options Emploi is committed to providing you with a full range of relevant, quality employment services. Our Service Charter clearly sets out what you can expect as a client and defines how our performance is measured to ensure we are always providing the highest level of service. Please read our Service Charter (PDF) for more information.
Employment Options staff offers individual assistance to help clients achieve their employment goals by providing a variety of activities or interventions:
- Preparation of job search tools, including résumé, cover letter and job applications.
- Job search strategies and ongoing coaching during job search process.
- Strategies for a successful interview.
- Assistance in accessing computer and internet based services (such as e-mail, on-line career resources and tools).
- Explore careers, trades and professions and provide information on apprenticeship.
- Coaching in life skills that supports successful employment;
- Orientation to the workplace: expectations and responsibilities of employers, Canadian workplace culture, etc.
- Assist internationally trained individuals assess their skills, experience and credentials against Ontario’s professional standards and develop short and long term strategies for achieving professional accreditation and employment.
- Provide assistance with other employability related issues such as housing, transportation, daycare and settlement services
- Refer clients to other community services and programs, including Literacy and Basic Skills, language training, etc.
- Local labour market information.
- Assistance in identifying and matching career interests, skills and aptitudes, including self-employment.
- Orientation on general apprenticeship.
- Information on specific professions/trades.
- Assistance in developing a job search strategy.
- Job postings through agency website or job board.