Barney's Bargain Barn
Have you missed your opportunity to work at one of the best places on the Island? Maybe the positions offered in the past did not suit your skills? Well Barney’s Bargain Barn is now hiring a warehouse manager. We have a warehouse in Little Current, not on the store property though. We are looking for a manager/supervisor. This person will look after receiving trucks, loading trucks, basically warehousing and distribution operations. You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products.
Ultimately you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
manage stock control
- assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a warehouse managerhands on experience with warehouse management
- leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- strong decision making and problem solving skills
- excellent communication skills
- DZ license is an asset but not a requirement, but you must have your full G license and be bondable
- Pump jack and forklift experience is also an asset.
We offer a full medical/dental package after three months of employment and a small store discount as well as first serve to the free center daily.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org