Who We Are
When you join us at CarePartners, you’re building a career with a company who cares about their patients, their patients’ families, and their staff – and you’ll get a $750 BONUS for signing-on, too!
CarePartners is adding to our team of compassionate, thoughtful PSWs to serve Ontario communities. We bring kind and professional care to patients in need, and when you work with us, you make a positive impact in your community.
Are you proud to contribute your skills to delivering quality health care? PSWs are an integral part of a health care team, and in this role, you will encourage, support, and promote independence for patients in home and community care settings by assisting with activities of daily living under the supervision of our Personal Support Manager.
We are looking for Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to help us bring patient and family-centered care to in patients in the Elliot Lake area. Are you someone we should meet?
What We Offer
- Competitive Wages, Incentives and Perks
- Competitive wage grid $20.43 to $22.61 per hour
- A special $750 bonus for signing with CarePartners
- PAID MILEAGE at 0.45 per/km PLUS travel time
- Paid orientation and hands-on mentoring from experienced, caring staff
- Access to group discounts, including exclusive discounts from various retailers
- Total rewards program which includes health & dental benefits
- A robust Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family members
- Flexible hours and a variety of assignments
- Opportunities for continuing education and training
- Hands on mentoring and leadership support
- Opportunities to volunteer in countries with limited access to healthcare services
What The Role Involves
- Assisting with daily living activities, such as personal care (rise and retire), assistance with household tasks, respite care, medication assistance, special functions
- Promoting a safe environment by demonstrating proper body mechanics, safe transfer techniques, and home safety
- Providing cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the patient
- Preparing nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, using proper food preparation, storage, and hygiene practices.
What You Bring
- A strong desire and commitment to making a difference in the lives of their patients
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Availability to work non-traditional hours, such as early morning, evenings, and alternate weekends
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Valid certificate as a Personal Support Worker, Internationally Trained Nurse, Health Care Aid, Developmental Support Worker, Home Support Worker, or enrollment in a Nursing program
- To protect our patients, we require current vulnerable sector check screening, a clear background check
CarePartners In Your Community
In addition to providing home-based health care, CarePartners also serves the community through clinics, transitional care units, and provides relief in retirement homes and shared care settings. Through our Community Nursing Services outreach program, we’ve been organizing staff-led medical care and clinics in countries with poor access to health care since 2009.
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit careers-carepartners.icims.com.