Espanola Regional Hospital and Health Centre
Join our team!
We are currently looking for a permanent fulltime Electrician – Maintenance “A”. The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service to tenants and patients, comply with all occupational health and safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures, and practices. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the Electrician – Maintenance “A” must be a highly motivated individual who demonstrates superior technical skills combined with an attention to detail. The qualified candidate must have a working ability in the electrical trade and have a valid driver’s license. Bilingualism in French and English is preferred, but not required. Experience within a Hospital setting is preferred.
Duties to include:
• Installing, constructing, and maintaining electrical systems within a Commercial/Industrial setting
• Follow ESA standards.
• Measure, cut, and install wiring and conduit systems.
• Conducts repairs to electrical equipment, including minor wiring, minor installations, light bulb
• Follow electrical blueprints and schematics.
• Troubleshoot or replace electrical components as needed.
• Acts as Hospital security and fire safety staff when on duty.
• Weekly and Monthly Generator runs.
• Other related duties as required.
This position offers a competitive compensation package including paid vacation and sick leave,
health and dental benefits, life insurance and pension plan. Starting wage is $29.90 to $30.64
depending on experience, with shift premiums of $2.60/hour additional on evenings and $2.77/hour additional on weekends.
The qualified candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Journeyman Electrician
• Minimal 5 years working as an Electrician in a Commercial/Institution Setting
• Solid understanding of the Electrical Code as it pertains to Commercial/Institution Setting
• The Ability to read and understand blueprints.
• Knowledge of basic Commercial/Industrial wiring methods
• Working knowledge and skills in electrical repairs
• Knowledge of basic electrical hand tools.
• Experience with generators and transfer switches.
• Experience with Fire Alarm Panels and Devices
• Familiar with Preventative Maintenance programs.
The Espanola Regional Hospital and Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation. Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please email your resume outlining your relevant experience to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com