L'association des jeunes de la rue
DURATION: Temporary part-time / temporary full-time position Immediately to December 31, 2023, with possibility of extension.
Street Outreach is a program administered by the Homelessness Network and intended to engage and support people who may be living outdoors, in tents, or other places not meant for human habitation. Outreach staff walk and drive to locations where people are known to be and offer help to individuals by providing a wide range of services aimed at intervention, housing, and social and community integration.
· Provide street level support to individuals in crisis, and make referrals as necessary;
· Advocate on client’s behalf;
· Complete statistical reports and note logs at the end of every shift;
· When needed, transport and accompany clients to scheduled appointments, court hearings or provide isolation support in pandemic times;
· Deal with emergencies, ensuring compliance with Policies and Procedures;
· Provide crisis management;
· Be a positive and effective role model for clients and peers;
· Maintain safety standards and report all concerns;
· Safely dispose of needles as per policy;
· When requested, work Cold Alert: walk, attend clinics and any other work-related tasks which may be assigned related directly to the program.
· Possess a college diploma or certificate in Social Services or related field;
· Minimum of one year of relevant experience;
· Have a valid certificate in: CPR, First Aid, Suicide prevention, Non-Violent and Crisis Intervention;
· Proof of complete COVID vaccination;
· Valid driver’s license;
· Good knowledge of the shelter and housing system;
· Good knowledge of harm reduction and trauma informed approaches;
· Fluency in French and English, spoken and written, considered an asset.
Please provide your resume and cover letter