Website M'Chigeeng First Nation
Registered ECE Salary: $54,449 – $62,396+ Group Benefits and Pension
Unregistered ECE: $51,052 – $53,321+ Group Benefits and Pension
Term: Full-time Regular
ECEs are under the supervision of the Childcare Supervisor and are responsible for providing early learning programs that promote child development in areas of early literacy and numeracy skill development, emotional and social development, hygiene, health, well-being, and safety. The Centre offers full-day programming for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, as well as a before-and-after-school program for children to 12 years of age.
Promote the health, well-being, and proud Anishinabek heritage of children at the Centre.
Provide high-quality learning experiences in a welcoming, positive, and nurturing classroom climate.
Demonstrate care and compassion for all children.
Build collaborative relationships with colleagues and parents/caregivers for the benefit of all children at the Centre.
Maintain and follow Centre guidelines to ensure children’s well-being, health and safety.
Plan, organize, and lead activities designed to promote the physical, social, cognitive, and emotional growth of children.
Encourage cooperation and participation among children in the program.
Increase knowledge, skills, and self-awareness needed to implement best practices in early years education.
· Early Childhood Education Diploma
· Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
· Proof of TB tests and Health Assessment
· Proof of immunizations
· Registered with the College of ECE
· Two to five (2-5) years of work-related experience
· Knowledge and experience with the culture, history, and customs of the Anishinaabe people
· Fluency in Ojibwe or willingness to learn.
· Valid First Aid and CPR or willing to obtain.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively, individually and within a team environment.
· Additional specialized training to support young children of diverse needs, varying abilities, and their families.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, three (3) current references, applicable certifications and diplomas to:
CONFIDENTIAL: ECE POSITION
c/o Human Resources
M’Chigeeng First Nation, P.O. Box 333 M’Chigeeng, ON P0P 1G0
Miigwetch to all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit read-description.