Website Northwood Recovery
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
Northwood Recovery Clinics
Northwood Recovery offers walk-in and scheduled treatment for those experiencing addiction.
We are a network of access points that offer outpatient services in addiction treatment and recovery. Part of recovery is addressing issues with a sense of immediacy and we can accommodate those individuals looking to take on treatment immediately.
Hourly wage $25 to $28.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Your primary responsibilities as an RPN will be varied.
- Provide counseling and medical care to patients living with substance addictions.
- Dispense medication under medical directives.
- Perform daily urine drug screening and monitoring.
- Work under medical directives to interpret laboratory test results, urine results, etc.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures and medical directives as it applies to the nursing practice.
- Maintain client electronic and paper records/files according to policies and procedures of Northwood Recovery and the Standards of Practice set out by the College of Nurses.
- Educate clients regarding harm reduction, safer drug use, STIs, Hep C and HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual abuse/assault, etc.
- Ensure clients are complying with the client agreement.
- Assess mental and physical health status of clients and take appropriate action.
- Provide pre and post-test counseling for HIV, Hep A, B, C and syphilis.
- Assess abscesses, clean and medicate wounds and apply or changes dressings.
- Compose and sign correspondence in relation to clients’ needs and advocate for clients when liaising with doctors, pharmacists, prison authorities, laboratories, etc.
- Provide immediate care in crisis situations and perform first aid treatment as necessary.
- Assess needs of clients, make referrals for primary care and social services, and assist clients in accessing community resources.
- Work with clients to develop and promote improved health, coping and social skills.
- Collect and maintain statistical information for evaluation purposes.
- Collaborate and liaise with members of the team and community agencies to identify health needs and participate in the development of plan to meet those needs.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Current License as a Registered Practical Nurse in the Province of Ontario, in good standing.
- Up to date First Aid/CPR.
- Experience working in addiction, mental health and harm reduction.
- Experience in the provision of drug treatment/addiction counseling, Medication Assisted Treatment (suboxone, methadone), social, health, housing and Hep C, HIV/AIDS related services.
- Experience with using OTN (video conferencing).
- Experience working in an outreach capacity.
- Ability to work independently with no medical staff support and establish priorities.
You must also have:
- Sensitivity, empathy, and understanding of client/patient behavior and needs with the ability to counsel patients/clients through the development of therapeutic relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent assessment skills.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis prevention and treatment issues.
- Knowledge of addiction issues.
- Knowledge of harm reduction practice.
- Knowledge of drug treatment, social, housing, HIV/AIDS related programs and services.
- Awareness of issues relating to sex works, addictions, mental health and homelessness.
- Thorough knowledge of Hepatitis including transmission, prevention and treatment options.
- Proven ability to work as a member independently.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Maintain inventory and ensure inventory is properly stored.
- Practice sterile techniques and other infection control procedures to minimize the transmission of infection.
- Ability to perform all medical secretary/receptionist duties.
A Police Reference Check may be required as a condition of employment.
For more information on Northwood Recovery, please visit our website at www.northwoodrecovery.ca
If interested, email resume with a cover letter to Kathryn@northwoodmedical.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00-$28.00 per hour
Wikwemikong, ON P0P 2J0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
First Aid Certification (required)
CPR Certification (required)
To apply for this job email your details to Kathryn@northwoodmedical.ca