Ontario Provincial Police-provincial Communications Centre
Communications operators play a vital role in ensuring that the right response is dispatched to whatever emergency situation arises.
• Do you thrive in a fast-paced team environment? • Does your lifestyle allow you to work shiftwork?
· Are you calm under pressure and in stressful situations?
· Part-time or full-time : Contract guarantee of 24 hours – however working 36-40+ hours per week
· Starting salary: $33.41/hr
· Minimum 18 years of age and Canadian citizen or permanent resident
· Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or its equivalent (i.e. grade 12 from any province of Canada). Candidates who do not have a grade 12 diploma, but have completed a college diploma program or a university degree program will be considered as having a grade 12 diploma. Applicants educated outside Canada should refer to the Government of Canada – Education Assessment Resources.
· Not have any criminal charges pending before the courts.
· Be of good moral character and be available to work shifts (days, nights, weekends, and holidays)
· Have the ability to hear and readily relay information accurately, while operating various methods of communication equipment (Computer Aided Dispatch, radio system, telephones).
· Have well-developed communication skills and be able to perform well in highly stressful situations.
· Have strong multitasking skills that are not compromised in a stressful environment.
· Successfully pass the Selection Process.
· Be proficient in English, and French if the position is bilingual.
· For French language-designated positions, bilingual applicants must also pass the French Language Proficiency Evaluation in accordance with the standards set by the Government of Ontario.
Apply for this position online at www.opp.ca/pcc
To apply for this job please visit www.opp.ca.