Located amidst the serene landscapes of Sagamok Anishnawbek’s traditional territory, Ritchie
Falls Resort offers guests an enchanting experience. Whether it’s the thrill of outdoor
adventures or the comfort of cozy accommodations, our resort has been a favorite choice for
many. We are dedicated to preserving the beauty of our environment and ensuring the safety
and comfort of our guests and employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Safety Assessment: Collaborate with the Supervisor to conduct safety and hazard
assessments to ensure the safety of all operations and activities.
▪ Training Participation: Actively participate in onsite training sessions related to safe
work practices and proper equipment operation to ensure a safe working environment
▪ Equipment Operation: Safely and efficiently operate equipment such as chainsaws and
woodchippers, adhering to the highest standards of safety and professionalism.
▪ Firewood Processing: Collaborate with the crew to process firewood that fuels our
boilers, ensuring guests enjoy warm and comfortable accommodations.
▪ Equipment Maintenance: Carry out regular maintenance checks on tools and
equipment. Ensure all tools are in optimal working condition.
▪ Repair & Reporting: Handle minor repairs and replacements of defective parts. For
major repairs, promptly refer to the Resort Operations Manager.
▪ Safety Gear Adherence: Always wear appropriate safety gear and footwear while on
duty, ensuring personal safety and setting an example for others.
Qualifications/Terms & Conditions:
1. Proven experience in operating chainsaws in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Familiarity with basic equipment maintenance and repair.
3. Strong commitment to safety protocols and procedures.
4. Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
5. Excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
▪ $20.00 per hour
▪ Meal allowance
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) to:
Attn: Human Resources
Sagamok Anishnawbek, P.O. Box 2230, Sagamok, Ontario, P0P 2L0
Fax: (705) 865-3307
By: September 29, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. We appreciate your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Aboriginal people
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org